Instrument Type and Facilities
The Instrument Type and Facilities menus update automatically when new Equipment and Location nodes are created. Their format is set by the Taxonomy module. To reorganize those menus, as well as edit titles and descriptions for those items, see Administer > Content management > Taxonomy.
Manually-created menus can be edited at Administer > Site building > Menus > Primary Links. Drag as desired and click Save. You can also edit the menu titles (changes only how the entries appear in the menu, not on the nodes themselves) and descriptions.
Lost Menu Items
If you can't find a node in the menu hierarchy above, you may not have given it a menu title. Menu titles are separate from node titles and must be created manually.
- Go to Administer > Content management > Content
- Find the correct node (they are arranged in descending order by update time) and click edit
- Find Menu settings on the edit page
- Enter a menu title. It is only for the menu's use and does not have to be the same as the node title.
- Under Parent item, make sure you put your new entry under < Primary Links >.
Alternate method if you know the path to the node:
- Go to Administer > Site building > Menus > Primary Links
- Choose Add item
- Enter the path (can be either the actual node path or the automatically generated alias), title, other options, etc.
- Click Save
If you did give your node a menu title and still can't find it, it may be under one of the other two menu types, Navigation and Secondary Links.
- Go to Administer > Site building > Menus and choose Navigation or Secondary Links
- Find your missing entry
- Click edit
- Under Parent item, choose Primary Links instead